Introduction to mediation skills
Workplace disputes are inevitable and can be time consuming and costly. This course presents delegates with the information and skills that they need to understand how and why disputes occur and how to respond when they do. The purpose is to help organisations nip issues in the bud – before they escalate out of control.
You will learn about:
- Understanding the causes and effects of conflicts and disputes
- How to recognise the early warning signs of conflict
- How to manage a difficult conversation with parties in a dispute
- How to use tried and tested mediation models to get results
- How to develop a dispute resolution strategy
- Where to go for advice and guidance and the role of HR, harassment advisers, trades unions, etc
- The role of managers and supervisors during the dispute resolution process.
Who should attend?
Senior housing managers, housing officers, support workers, housing staff, HR managers and every member of staff in a supervisory or public-facing capacity.
John Dyer has been working as a trainer, facilitator and consultant for over 20 years. He is an experienced mediator and a member of the Professional Mediators Association (PMA). His approach is energetic, interactive and dynamic. He utilises his many years of experience to ensure that delegates have a memorable learning experience.
HQN has a track record of helping organisations achieve real and lasting performance improvements. If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact us by emailing email@example.com