Property and site inspection for non-technical staff
Non-technical staff are increasingly being asked to undertake inspections of void and tenanted properties. This course will provide guidance on how to do them effectively, with a focus on the customer perspective.
Delegates will also learn how to conduct estate/area walkabout inspections in a knowledgeable and effective manner, with an emphasis on issues such as protecting the housing stock, identifying areas for future investment, health and safety, and compliance with legislative requirements.
What the course covers:
The morning session covers void management and is designed to help non-technical staff better understand and carry out pre- and post-inspections of both void and tenanted properties.
The afternoon session uses a wide range of learning techniques to help non-technical staff understand how to correctly identify and diagnose issues and potential problems when carrying out estate/area inspections.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Prepare for a property inspection
- Identify health and safety risks/issues
- Effectively document ﬁndings using standardised forms
- Diagnose defects, problems and potential problems
- Work with service users to drive up void standards
- Develop and apply re-let standards
- Monitor effectively
- Tackle an estate/area walk-about inspection
- Recognise minor and potentially serious problems
Who should attend?
All non-technical staff who have a responsibility to manage and inspect estates, areas and properties, and everyone who wishes to improve their understanding of void and estate management.
HQN has a track record of helping organisations achieve real and lasting performance improvements. If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org