Caretakers, estate wardens and scheme staff - In-house repairs and technical skills training
In line with the value for money ethos, and the increasingly important role played by caretakers, estate wardens and scheme staff in managing and maintaining properties, this practical session identifies basic building construction, terminology of main fixtures and fittings for effective repairs ordering, and helps officers to effectively diagnose and carry out repair requests ‘right first time’.
Who will benefit?
Providing ‘hands-on’ and practical guidance on the more common minor repairs, this rewarding session addresses plumbing, carpentry and simple electrics.
A must for caretakers, estate wardens and sheltered scheme staff, it will increase skills and knowledge, confidence in undertaking simple repairs and maintenance, and understanding of the health and safety practices and legislation associated with in-home repairs.
What will they learn?
This lively session with ‘hands-on’ practical opportunities will:
- Identify the basics of housing construction and terminology of the main fixtures and fittings for effective repairs ordering
- Cover underlying health and safety issues and legislation for safe practice when undertaking minor repairs and maintenance (manual handling and risk assessment, COSHH, RIDDOR, PPE, noise at work, safe use of tools, and lone working)
- Help develop confidence in carrying out basic repairs and maintenance including plumbing, carpentry and simple electrics, plus handy tips and hints for a quick, responsive and effective repair
- Act as a jump-start for a more informed, confident and capable premises manager
- Keep tenants and residents happier, and cut down on unnecessary repairs calls – a value for money result.
An expert lecturer, national conference speaker and chartered building surveyor,Wayne Anderson, MSc, has over 25 years' experience in the housing and maintenance sector. Sessions draw on best practice and provide delegates with the skills and knowledge base seen as a must for the effective delivery of their function. Training is lively, interactive and colourful, with practical, real-world examples to bring this technical subject to life.
Book this course now: your tenants and employees will benefit for years to come.
HQN has a track record of helping organisations achieve real and lasting performance improvements. If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org