Unlocking construction - Basic techniques for non-technical staff
This is a highly interactive, one-day course for all non-technical staff who would like to improve their knowledge and raise their confidence when dealing with contractors, technical staff and customers regarding construction and maintenance issues.
What will participants learn?
- How basic construction works
- How to diagnose basic construction problems
- How to recognise potential maintenance problems
- How to recognise issues relating to health and safety in construction
- How to communicate more effectively regarding technical issues
- How to handle repair requests more efficiently
- How to discuss technical issues more effectively and gain confidence
- How to speak knowledgeably regarding construction and maintenance
- How to get it right first time, saving money and resources.
What the course will cover:
The training is delivered through a series of interactive sessions and covers all major trades:
- Environmental works.
Specific to each trade, delegates will be able to:
- Ask the right questions to make a valid assessment regarding construction/maintenance issues
- Identify the various types of repairs applicable to each trade
- Diagnose potential problems on estate visits with greater accuracy
- Give the right advice
- Identify and assess the potential risks regarding health and safety
- Understand the basics, including materials and techniques used
- Speak with knowledge and confidence.
Who should attend?
- Contact centre operatives
- Housing management staff and caretakers
- Staff who undertake estate visits
- Sheltered housing staff
- Repairs centre managers
- Customer inspectors
- Anyone from a non-technical background who wishes to increase their knowledge of construction.
HQN has a track record of helping organisations achieve real and lasting performance improvements. If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org