Tender interviews – how to manage yourself and the process!!
So you completed your Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) and were successful. You were invited to go forward to the Invitation to Tender (ITT) stage and were successful again. Now it’s the interview!
The interview is your opportunity to demonstrate your organisational capability, your proven track record and your personal professionalism and integrity. You will need to show how you differ from your competitors. You have now become the ‘face’ of your organisation and will want to show yourselves in the best possible light.
This one-day workshop is aimed at everyone who may be called upon to represent their organisation at a tender interview.
- Agreeing the specialisms of your team and forming a cohesive unit
- Bringing your team up to date with PQQ/ITT documentation
- Anticipating likely questions
- Preparing questions to further your understanding of your clients’ requirements
- Choosing the right image
Getting off to a good start
- Making a positive first impression
- Selling yourself and your organisation – in two minutes!
- Building and maintaining rapport
- Managing nerves.
A professional interview
- Responding to questions with evidence
- Co-ordinating note-taking
- Enhancing a colleague’s response without undermining them
- Ensuring clarity of what happens next.
Evaluating the experience
- Sharing thoughts and feelings after the interview
- Capturing what worked and what didn’t
- Asking for and following up on feedback.
There is an option to alter the format of the day to include a session on presenting at interview if this is relevant to the target audience.
Sue Waterall is a training specialist with over 15 years’ experience of training design and delivery in both the public and private sector. She is passionate about personal development and behavioural change, and uses her energy and facilitation skills to create a positive, stimulating learning environment. Sue is a certified practitioner of NLP, is accredited in the use of a range of emotional intelligence inventories and holds the CIPD Certificate in Training Practice.
HQN has a track record of helping organisations achieve real and lasting performance improvements. If you are interested in accessing this training package, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org