How often does communication work really well? What would happen if we did it better?
Communication today is often channelled through emails, texts, bullet-point briefings or impersonal notices. As it has become more and more normal to communicate through machines, many of us now experience communication with colleagues and customers as unsatisfying, impoverished or challenging, causing:
- Misunderstandings that lead to wasted resources, time and effort
- Resistance to us and our needs, that we experience as poor co-operation
- Limited engagement in communication, poor quality information and reduced trust.
Developing the ability to communicate authentically and skilfully pays real dividends in terms of:
- Buy-in to new initiatives, processes or plans through enhanced understanding
- The achievement of objectives
- Co-operative and supportive team working.
On this one-day course participants will explore and develop understanding around:
- The impact of poor communication, the classic barriers to great communication flow and what gets in the way
- The benefits of how great authentic communication impacts upon people and therefore on the business
- How setting our intentions and outcomes impacts on communication
- How the past and the future interfere with authentic communication in the present
- How understanding ourselves through self-exploration helps us to express ourselves authentically
- How we can receive communication from others without resistance in order to understand them better.
Who should attend?
Everyone who works within a team, needs to communicate well with service users or customers, or who supervises or manages others.
Gilli Bruce has over 20 years’ experience in training and development. She has worked across a diverse range of industries including the housing sector. Gilli specialises in people development, working with managers, supervisors and teams, to create the changes needed to move objectives forward. She is an NLP Master Practitioner, ILM coach and Springboard licensee, using these valuable developmental frameworks as inspiration for training that is interactive, fun and practical.
HQN has a track record of helping organisations achieve real and lasting performance improvements. If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org