The coaching masterclass
This masterclass will give delegates a greater understanding of what coaching is, and of how coaching skills and behaviours can help coachees to become more effective from a people management and business development perspective. In the current climate, it’s essential to motivate and retain our best performers – this course gives real, practical advice to managers and leaders to enable them to achieve this through developing their coaching skills.
Delegates will increase and hone their knowledge and attitudes around coaching, and gain greater awareness of its benefits. They’ll learn what the essential behaviours are, and how these can be applied to everyday situations to enable and encourage others and, critically, to drive business performance.
Key elements of the masterclass:
- What differentiates coaching from counselling, training and mentoring?
- Why it’s important at all levels and how it can be applied in any situation
- Contracting – setting boundaries
- Useful tools and techniques to apply to enable you to be more effective, with models and concepts to build your knowledge and aid practical application of your skills
- Awareness of what excellence looks like, and how to develop existing skills to benefit you and your colleagues
- A live coaching demonstration from your tutor for you to critique
- Ethical dilemmas and traps you can fall into
- Experiential learning and observational feedback
- Understanding your communication strengths and further development needs from a coaching perspective.
Who should attend?
Leaders and managers responsible for retaining and motivating people with limited resources, and/or are accountable for achieving results through others; leaders/managers communicating and dealing with change; individuals developing other talent, or managing and succession-planning for others; staff wishing to increase their knowledge and application of coaching; learning and development staff wishing to gain insight and develop their existing coaching skills; individuals developing into leaders/managers who want to motivate and enable their team.
Janice Clare is passionate about coaching and enabling others to achieve their full potential. She works as an executive and performance coach, on a one-to-one basis, within teams and organisations, and has a wealth of experience in the public sector. She develops, launches and implements coaching cultures through people in teams and organisations.
HQN has a track record of helping organisations achieve real and lasting performance improvements. If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org