Complaints appeals panel training
Ombudsman appeals in the housing sector have increased by 72% in the past two years, making the quality of appeal hearings more important then ever.
Essentially, your appeal stage represents the last internal stage for complaint resolution. They are often quite complex affairs, with emotionally charged customers: the judgement and skills of the assembled panel are tested to the full.
Our workshop can help to prepare panel members for the appeal, and enhance skills and confidence levels to help maximise success in this critical activity.
- Complaints: what are they anyway? Exploring the definition and the consequences/implications
- BS ISO 10002:2004 Best Practice Complaints framework – exploring the international complaints best practice guide
- Appeal: definition and purpose – what is (and critically, what isn’t) the appeal’s purpose?
- Setting objectives – making sure the panel’s aims and objectives are clear to all parties to avoid compromising success
- Managing expectations – ensuring customer expectations are clearly set and agreed before the appeal proper commences
- Managing emotions and difficult customers – understanding and managing emotions, anxieties and ‘vexatious’ behaviours
- Balanced and appropriate judgements – clarifying the judgement test: the appeals standard of proof basis
- Listening skills – discovering the critical importance of ‘hearing’ all the facts
- Equality and diversity – ensuring fairness considerations are paramount
- Decision-making – using a simple process
- Roles and responsibilities – listing and agreeing the dos and don’ts for panel members
- Case study – applying best practice through case study evaluation and practical decision-making.
Who should attend?
Everyone who is, or is likely to be, an appeals panel member.
With over 15 years’ experience working in complaint management in the housing, retail and food sectors, our specialist has a proven track record of supporting organisations in developing innovative and sustainable customer-focussed solutions to a wide range of business challenges.
HQN has a track record of helping organisations achieve real and lasting performance improvements. If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact us by emailing email@example.com