Governance for executives - Getting the most out of your board
Boards have the ultimate responsibility for ensuring the effective governance of the business. In the housing sector’s modern era this has become significantly more important.
Executive teams have a crucial role to play, however, not just in supporting the board in its role, but in developing strategy for discussion, ensuring business control and maintaining good relations with stakeholders. It is important therefore that executives have good governance skills and knowledge.
What will delegates learn?
- The skills and behaviours essential to effective governance
- Good practice, not just in the housing sector, but also what we can learn from others
- How to work with your board to ensure the highest quality governance
- How to develop and maintain that essential ‘chemistry’ between board and executive that supports effective governance
- How to tackle particular issues with your board.
People who will benefit from attending this course are:
- Chief executives
- Managing directors
- Executive directors
- Company secretaries
- Governance managers.
Michael Guest has extensive experience as a consultant and in the training of governance in the housing and other sectors. He has advised and supported organisations in their effective governance and provided well-received training and coaching to develop the executive role. Michael has held governance and top leadership positions in the housing sector. He is well known for his approachable and participative style of training, ensuring that learning is retained and can be applied in practice.
HQN has a track record of helping organisations achieve real and lasting performance improvements. If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact us by emailing email@example.com